Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Project #1

Some of you may know that over the past few weeks, Cornell has been working SO hard at putting in our hardwood floors in the kitchen. Well, he is finally finished and I am so excited to show you the final product! Alot, and I mean ALOT, of time and energy went into these floors.

The before picture shows the vinyl floors that tried to look like tile(many people didn't realize it was fake until we told them)....



(Don't mind Charlotte, it's the only pic I could find of our floors)














And then after going to MN for a couple days at the beginning of May, I came home to a house where the living room looked like this...



As you can imagine, I had numerous flashbacks of my childhood-growing up in a constant construction zone. I think I had a few nightmares that week.

But Cornell worked hard everyday on those floors...



And here they are now...
(Don't mind the air compressor, it was borrowed and going back to the owner soon!) :)
I love them!! It just makes the whole room so much better...and we still have a whole bunch leftover so Cornell is going to do another area, we just haven't decided what yet.
I also took a few pictures of our living room(I promise Meg, one of these days I will take pics of the whole house for you to see!)
We are still not sure how to decorate this room. It was supposed to be a dining room/living room but we chose to do just one big living room. So there is this random chandelier and the chair railing that only goes halfway around the room? I need HGTV to come and redo our room! hehe :) And we would like furniture that doesn't match the carpet...if only money grew on trees!
Let me know if you have any decorating tips for us! And ps-notice how in almost every picture, you can see a piece of Charlotte? She is by my side at all times! So needy! LOL

6 comments:

Mom said...

The floors look awesome, Cornell! - good job.....so glad it turned out the way you hoped it would. :)

Kelly said...

they look great!! I love your house :) Can't wait to come visit!

megan said...

i love the floors, cornell i am so impressed! love the new blog layout also. i want to come see you and see your house since you're never posting pics :)

Pops said...

AWESOME JOB CORNELL, it looks Great! But be careful, you got that job done awfully fast, you need to take your time with these projects! Your making the rest of us look bad!

sincerely jen said...

the floors look awesome...I know that we didn't come to MN to visit much but I remember as a kid your house always being under construction! If only HGTV would come out to every home of a newly married couple and help out :)

badminton champ said...

correction he is making you look bad up there pops. not everyone spends hours thinking bout a project