Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Brown Mustard

I've been a bad blogger lately, sorry! The new house stuff is keeping me busy/entertained. Cornell was in West Virginia this past weekend for a men's gathering so I did some much needed unpacking. But of course there is always more boxes, seems never ending!

Last wednesday we started to paint the kitchen/dining room. I was at work all day and wondering why everytime i talked to Cornell that day, he said "I'm still taping." I also noticed that he had to keep running to Lowe's for more blue tape. When i got home, I found my answer...


Cornell had taped every inch of the trim. It looked like we had blue trim....LOL. Poor guy, it took him ALL day just to tape. I guess I should have mentioned that only the edges needed to be taped. Here is the other side after he realized the much easier way...


First coat of paint!

3 days of painting and many long hourse later...
We LOVE it! It makes the whole room feel so much warmer. We still have to put our paintings on the walls, but the IKEA chalkboard made it up right away!
Here is the other side of the room...my favorite. FYI-here's our refridgerator that we got at Sears outlet for only $550. Great deal!! It has a scratch on the handle and the bottom left door, but who cares!? Not us. Cornell hates my blue canisters, I love them but do agree that not the best color for the room now.

Charlotte loves the new color too. :)

We also painted the ceiling...apparently it'a the "new" thing to do. Wasn't sure how I would feel about it but it really brings the room altogether. This picture doesn't really do it justice but you get the idea.

We are taking a little break until next pay day to do the next room, the living room. It gets so expensive to buy 3 gallons of paint and all the supplies...plus a little overwhelming. Maybe next week.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Yes! Finally, more pictures! The color looks really nice, love it! Your kitchen is SO cute, the stainless appliances look good. Good job on the taping, Cornell, better to be safe than sorry. :) Earth tones are probably better accents a for you now -- browns, rust, creams....

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome!! i love the color!

Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with just leaving it all white for awhile?

megan said...

love it, i'm so excited for you guys! cornell made me lol with all the tape.