Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

A little update...

Well, it's March 2nd and we are not moved into our beautiful new townhome...we found out last friday from our loan officer that our paperwork is all approved but it takes a few extra days to "put it all together." He said for sure by friday we will close on the home. So now we just wait for the phone call this week...
We did stop by the townhouse last week to measure for your new refridgerator and found that they finally put in our stainless steel appliances...we were both SOOOO excited!! We were like little kids on Christmas day! Here is a picture Cornell took on his blackberry of the stove...



So we headed home to continue on the packing...but the packing turned into Cornell MAKING me get rid of clothes.
LOL...just kidding!
But, it needed to be done. I mean, why do I have clothes from 10th grade that 'I just might possibly wear" now? Not sure
Okay,hold on...watching the Bachelor and Jason just broke up with Melissa! BOOO....What the heck? I was just so excited that he picked her. This guy needs to figure himself out. WEIRD! And he crys alot.

Back to packing...I think maybe Cornell enjoyed it more than I did. He got to play dress-up...















My two main areas to weed through were my tank-tops and t-shirts. I had soooooo many tanks: red, blue, green, pink, white, workout style, dress-up tanks, strapless, etc. I think I got rid of over half...than my t-shirts. So I might wear a t-shirt once and awhile to bed or to work out(obviously very seldom)! But I had a HUGE drawer full. Cornell almost lost it when he saw I still had a DARE shirt in there. haha...This picture is me parting with my treasured tees.
We gave about 5 garbage bags full of clothes to the goodwill and a bag of jackets to Jackson Park Ministries. Hopefully they find good use with someone else!


We also spent a good portion of the weekend watching movies...ate some popcorn and just enjoyed being together. No real good movies to report. We also had a random snow storm last night. We went out to play with Charlotte and throw a few snowballs! It was that perfect snow that is wet, fluffy, with huge snowflakes! So fun! As you can predict, today was a "snow day" for all businesses and schools here in Charlotte, NC. :)

3 comments:

Sheena said...

I was shocked by Jason's decision- I had heard early on that he picked Melissa (You know me, I read all the spoiler sites), but I didn't dream he would do that on the after the final rose thing... I have to admit I'm not that hard on him about it- I think it was good that he went for it... I mean it has only been a couple weeks- not like years...

Also, LOL about your snow day, that looks like Minnesota in September (and certainly wouldn't warrant a snow day)

Good luck moving into the townhome- can't wait to see pics of you all moved in!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! The appliances are so shiny:) Hope you have fun setting up your new place and I cannot wait to come visit! Miss you!!!

Kelly said...

I love your new appliances- can't wait to see pics of the new house & hopefully visit soon! That'd be so fun! :) I am very upset with Jason- that was pretty mean..he needs to realize it's someone's life-not just a show! Oh well..he probably gets paid to do that stuff lol I know what you mean about the clothes- I got ride of 3 HUGE bags full of clothes when we moved- very hard to part!