Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mommy advice

One of the best pieces of advice that I can give to moms/moms to be is...

buy your diapers from Amazon!

Seriously. 

Let me show you...

Take a package of newborn diapers. I started using pampers because thats what was given to us in the hospital and they seemed to work the best.  I remember the first couple weeks, Makayla went through about, hmmmmm...10-13 diapers a day I think.  Thats a lot.  Cornell and Grandma Wick spent many days driving to and from Walmart for us. I think we own stock in Pampers now.


Pampers Swaddlers Dry Max Diapers, Size N, 84 Count


So at Walmart...this pack of Pampers swaddlers newborn is about $19 or $20 dollars(last time I bought that size).  Now at Amazon it is listed for $18.76.  But here is the catch...if you sign up for "subscribe and save" and "amazon mom," you get 15% off for each program for a total of 30% off.  Plus free 2 day shipping!  So for this box of diapers, it comes to $13.15 plus tax...That's way better than any coupon.

It.is.great.

The free 2 day shipping also applys to everything else you buy that is fulfulled by Amazon.  So if I order a book or DVD from amazon, I don't pay shipping and I get it in 2 days.  Could it get better?! Lol.
I also order our baby wipes the same way...


Sidenote: I've been researching baby wipes and am slightly scared by my findings... so I think I'm going to try making our own wipes(as soon as I get all the ingredients).  More on that later.  Anyways, tell your friends, sister, coworkers, etc.  It really is a good deal and can save you quite a bit of money over time!

And I am all about saving money!

In other news, Makayla has been really stressed out lately.. as you can tell from this picture...

Just chillin. Watching a little Baby Einstein. In her walker.

Life is rough :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, Makayla is living the life. I wish life could be that simple again :)

Gram W said...

Wish I could be that stressed! Can't wait for you girls to come home and visit.....